Friday, April 18, 2014

YouTube

Week 16 = Getting Help
Day 3 = April 18, 2014


YouTube in B2B Marketing

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE YOUTUBE!
     Now that I got that out of my system, I can proceed with today's post about  YouTube. YouTube has videos from individuals and companies, movie trailers, independent music videos and professional music videos, and tutorials, so basically it has videos on everything by anyone. Now I am a visual learner and do best by seeing exactly what I need to do. This is why YouTube is such a perfect fit for me. Also, there are always numerous videos to choose and learn from (as you will see below). So if you do not like the style of a certain video, you can just watch another one.

     I just now did an experiment on YouTube. I entered different search phrases related to knitting to see what type of numbers we are really talking about. Here are the results:
  • Search - knitting / Results - 644,000
  • Search - knitting patterns for beginners / Results - 96,000
  • Search - arm knitting / Results - 41,500
  • Search - knitting a scarf / Results - 71,800
  • Search - seed stitch knit / Results - 12,900
    Now these numbers are like any other search you do on the internet. Some fit perfectly, some are a mediocre fit and some do not fit at all. But when you look at the above numbers they are sooooooooo impressive.

     Other than just watching videos there are several other features that are great. There is My Subscriptions where you can subscribe to certain videos or their producers. Some of the people/companies that I have subscribed to include Craftsy, KnittingHelp.com and VeryPink Knits (she is my favorite). Another two that are useful are the Favorite and Like options. This way you do not have to remember the one tutorial that you watched that one day 3 months ago. There is also a Comments section that allows you to leave comments and read comments left by others. The final feature that warrants attention is the Watch Later feature. You can mark a video to watch later if you are about to go out, busy watching your kids or bumming around the internet at work (don't worry I won't tell).

     If you want to explore something new or get a little extra guidance on something you just learned, this is the place to go. Plus you can put on a music video to knit to. What more could you ask for?

Knitting question of the day
What is your favorite thing about YouTube?

Knitting with YouTube,

Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment