Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Websites with great help features.

Week 16 = Getting Help
Day 7 = April 22, 2014


Does this not look like a passionate knitter to you?
This is Staci of VeryPink.com (credit: Bryan Davis Photography)


     To conclude our week of help I have picked a few websites that have some great help features or sections. We have classes, tutorials, videos, how-to's and more.


     First we have a knitting constant for me, Craftsy.com. I love the online classes, patterns and everything else about the site. In regards to help, the online classes are the best. You can actually leave comments for the instructor and read all the things that other people have asked about, too. This is a huge bonus especially if you are trying something new.


     Second we have KnitWitch.com. Now, I just found this site tonight, but I love the variety of videos that they have (38 that I just counted). The videos are broken up into the following categories:
  • Basic Techniques
  • Advance Techniques
  • Casting On
  • Increases
  • Decreases
  • Binding Off
  • Helpful Hints
     Third is VogueKnitting.com. They have a free resources section and online classes through Craftsy. They even have a page specifically called Pattern Help, which has 4 sub categories:
     The fourth is Craft Yarn Council. These are the same people that I am getting my certification from. They have a section on getting started that has written (with pictures) how to's on several stitches.  Another section that I like is their forums section. As of this posting there were 710 topics with 2,128 posts. The part that I like best is the helpful resources section which gives you a list of companies, websites, books, etc.


     Fifth and finally we have VeryPink.com. Staci (of Very Pink, see picture at top of page) is brilliant and has gotten the art of the video tutorial down to a science. I have watched several of her videos on patterns that I had already purchased. I got so involved I couldn't even wait until the end to start knitting with her.


Knitting question of the day
What websites have you used for help?


Very Pink Knitting,


Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment