Tuesday, January 6, 2015

WIP #4 - Rainbow Stripes Shawl

Blog #6 of 2015 on 1/6/2015
 
     Here is yet another WIP that has been hiding in my closet since 2012.
 
Rainbow Stripes Shawl
 
     There is a long story about this blanket that dates back to 2009. Let me fill you in...
 
     I was planning to knit 3 baby blankets in 2009 for one of my cousins, one of my husband's cousins and myself. We were each expecting our first child in early 2010. I got the blanket for my cousin done on time. The one for my husband's cousin was done about six months late. 
 
     One thing lead to another and next thing I knew I was pregnant with child #2, Helen. I swore that I would have Helen's baby blanket done so that I could bring her home from the hospital in it and succeeded. As soon as I finished Helen's blanket I also swore I would start the blanket pictured above for Joanna, who at that time was 2. Not quite a baby anymore, huh? Next thing I knew again, Joanna was almost 5, which leads us to today.
 
     After much consideration I have decided to make the blanket into a shawl. It is PLENTY large already. Plus I am afraid that if I continue with my original plans she will be in college before it gets done.
 
     Maybe I will get it done in time for her birthday next month, fingers-crossed.

Prolonged Knitting,

Victoria
 

No comments:

Post a Comment