Wednesday, January 7, 2015

WIP #4 - Rainbow Stripes Shawl - Finished

Blog #7 of 2015 on 1/7/2015

     After over 2 years and 8 months the baby blanket turned toddler blanket turned school blanket turned shawl is DONE. The only thing left to do is weave in the ends. Yipee! 

     The size measures 5' 5" at its widest across the top and 3' 2" at its longest down the middle. As I said last night plenty big, for a 5 year old. That is a 8 1/2" by 11" folder on the shawl for size perspective.
 
     This blanket pattern is based off the baby blanket that I did for Helen. I was tired of doing the typical rectangular baby blanket. So, when I designed Helen's blanket and then this one I turned the blanket on its corner and decided to do a stepped edging. I love the look of it and it throws people off when they look at it because they think it should be the typical rectangle blanket.

Knitting for Joanna,

Victoria
 

No comments:

Post a Comment