Thursday, January 1, 2015

Taming of the WIP's

Blog #1 on 1/1/2015

Knit Happy Sheep Wall Decal

     This past Sunday I was at my knitting group, Summerville Knitters. My good friend, Arrylee, got to talking about what her next project will be. She also mentioned that she will not be able to start it until she finishes an existing project. I was confused... when I want to start a new project, I just start. She however has a list and only allows herself to have 6 projects on the needles at any given time. I have tried this in theory, but never actually written mine down. Maybe the key to implementation is having it written down and seeing how many partial projects I have.

     Well, the WIP list is started and so far I have 6 projects that I can readily think of. No telling what I will find when I go digging. I have also started a list of projects that I want to do and so far it has 22 projects. I started a 3rd list of projects (past, present or future) of my own design that need to be written down. The 4th and final list that I started was for my sanity... a shoe size list. I have many family and friends that I want to knit socks for and am tired of asking repeatedly for their shoe sizes.

     The #1 item on my WIP list is my River Bed Socks that I talked about on Monday's blog. Check out My Monday - River Bed Socks - Week 1 to see the info about them.

     I will keep you up to date as I search, rediscover and FINISH all of my long hidden WIP's.

Taming of the WIP's,

Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment