Tuesday, December 23, 2014

My First Knit-Along...NOT My Last!!

Week 51 = And so it continues...
Day 7 = December 23, 2014

Hi fellow knitters & blog followers...

Victoria's internet is totally unreliable right now, so I have been called upon to fill in for her and do tonight's blog.  

These last few weeks when I was with her in SC, we enjoyed participating in several Sunday and Wednesday knitting sessions at the local Atlanta Bread and Paneras. I love it when projects are shared and rightfully admired.  

One shawl project caught the eyes of Victoria and several other knitters who liked it so much they want to try knitting it, too. So.. what's more fun than having a number of knitters joining together with (and helping) each other to knit the same thing at the same time...a knit-along!  

Ah, such fun can be had with this.  I speak from experience.  I so enjoyed participating in the Flowertown Knitting Guild's Cold Mountain Wrap Knit-Along last year...my first knit-along and first lace project.  

 
And so it begins...

Victoria's and Carol's chosen yarns for the knit-a-long.
Colorway:  2406 Blithe (tan)

I loved the challenge, and knowing others were doing this too kept me going. Posting and viewing updates on Ravelry made the distance between Connecticut and South Carolina disappear. It was fascinating to see the different pattern variations each knitter used.

The greatest joy was showing off my completed wrap which turned out to be 10 feet long when blocked!!  I thought that would be way too long, but it's actually a great length, allowing me to wear it in many different ways.


The best part of a project it having a nice looking, finished item. 


Check back soon because Victoria is planning just such a project. So if you have the chance to participate in a knit-along, GO FOR IT!! 


Knitting Along,
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment