Saturday, September 14, 2013

What to do?

What do you do when your knitting friend/mentor admits that she thinks YOU are "occasionally intimidating because of your immense pools of inner mojo"? Her words not mine check out her latest blog. Well of course you send the happy mojo right back at her and let her know that you are just as intimidated by her vast journey doing this lovely thing that we call knitting.

So, Tamara Goff, I think that you are an inspiration to knitters everywhere, I have long told my mother, Carol, that when I grow up as a knitter I want to be like you. Then I realized that I need to be my own knitting person and decided to start this blog. Because face it I do not think the world could handle Tamara and Tamara clone (me) :).

There are quite a few folks that I have met over the years that inspire me and help pile on those "immense pools of inner mojo" that I apparently have.

Tamara, I mentioned above and yes I have a knitting crush on her.

Susan Stark, singer and songwriter, is a wonderfully talented spiritual singer. I have known Susan for over 20 years and even shared a room with her while she was recording her album Phoenix Sings at Sundown. She is a shining example of following your heart where ever it may lead.

Emily, owner of The Village Knittery, has what I would consider my dream job (minus everything but the mass amount of yarn). She owns the local yarns shop and at this moment is getting ready to move to a larger store. She also has a knack for knowing exactly what you need thanks to her extensive knitting knowledge and she designs her own patterns too. WOW!

Beverley, founder of Just Be Center in Connecticut, is a instinctually intuitive person who provides personalized heart-centered consulting services and body-centered health promoting therapies from a natural, holistic approach. Let me tell you she is a miracle worker.

Ashley, who has a podcast A Spinner's Whirled, is a pusher (I mean that in a great way) she kept pushing me to write the pattern for Helen's Blanket that I will be publishing next month in October.

These 5 women inspire me and are also listed in a column to the right --->   titled Cool Folks I Know. I will be adding more in the future but for now this is a gracious plenty.

Talk to you next time happily knitting,

Victoria

2 comments: